By Mike Goodman
Farmers Market SW is operating under a government issued waiver, and is still operating every Saturday, from April 4 through Nov. 21, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. During the COVID-19 emergency, communities need provisions, and DC has deemed farmers markets as an essential business that can operate so long as they follow strict safety protocols ensuring that customers are able to practice proper social distancing.
Farmers Market SW is located at 425 M St., SW at 4th and M Streets, SW, in “The Lot SW,” across the street from Waterfront Metro station. Products typically include meat, produce, pastries, salsa, prepared foods, pickles, empanadas, coffee, and more.
Rules for shoppers include:
- Maintain a 6-foot distance between yourself and others
- Wear a face covering
- Do not attend if you are sick
- Only one household member should attend
- No pets
- Do not pick up products or produce at stands; ask an employee to help
- Sneeze or cough only into a tissue or your elbow
- Thoroughly was hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds
- If hand-washing is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Wash all produce thoroughly before using it
- Regularly wash reusable bags