photo credit: Linda O’Brien, Tommy Wells’ Chief of Staff
I have lived in Southwest since 2009, and moved to Capitol Park IV in 2012. It is an honor to serve on ANC 6D, and my goals as commissioner include:
• Increasing pedestrian access, parking, and bus service throughout SW and Near SE;
• Encouraging mixed-income housing development including units with more than two bedrooms;
• Creating a friendly environment for businesses that improve local quality of life;
• Ensuring the ANC 6D website is accurate and up-to-date;
• Supporting local schools and advocating for keeping ANC 6D’s current high school boundaries; and
• Improving local parks and recreation centers.
I graduated from Smith College and then received law and urban planning degrees from the University of Michigan; I am also a LEED Accredited Professional. I recently started work as a domestic policy analyst (before that, I practiced law for four years, with a focus on Social Security issues) and am now pleased to both live and work in ANC 6D!
When I’m not at home or work, you’re still likely to find me in the neighborhood: picking up groceries at Safeway, checking out books at the Southwest Library, cheering on the Nats, enjoying a show at Arena Stage, or jogging or biking at Gold’s Gym or Yards Park. I’ve had a community garden plot at the St. Matthew’s site the past four summers and my wife Emily and I won a space at the garden in Lansburgh Park, so I’ll be spending a lot of time at those two sites this summer. Come say “Hi!” – I’ll be the short woman in glasses being bitten by all the mosquitoes. Alternately, you can reach me at 6D02@anc.dc.gov or (202) 734-0205.
ANC Commissioner, 6D02
J.D., Master of Urban Planning, LEED AP