In addition to the opera simulcast, the M&M’s Opera in the Outfield features “pre-game” activities, giveaways and other entertainment such as lessons in stage combat and flamenco dancing. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early and enjoy the festive ballpark atmosphere.
Arena Stage’s first musical presentation of the 2012-13 season is about the Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll: Janis Joplin. The musical portrait of the artist is filled with her classic songs (“Piece of My Heart,” “Summertime,” “Mercedes Benz”) as well as spotlighting trailblazers who influenced Janis like Bessie Smith, Etta James and Aretha Franklin. Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- WHAT: Rock ‘n’ Roll Biography One Night with Janis Joplin
- WHERE: Kreeger Theater
- WHEN: Sept. 29-Nov. 4
- TICKETS AND INFORMATION: Call 202-554-9066 (General) or 202-488-3300 (Sales) or check online at www.arenastage.org/
- SOUTHWEST NIGHT: October 31 at 7:30
- WHAT: Opera in the Outfield with Mozart’s Don Giovanni
- WHERE: Nationals Park
- WHEN: Sept. 29 at 7 p.m.
- TICKETS: Free but reserved tickets available beforehand
- INFORMATION: On August 21, Washington National Opera will be relaunching www.operaintheoutfield.org with complete information on the event.