DC Bike Ride is back on May 18 and we promise, you don’t want to miss it! Serious cyclists and recreational bike riders alike will be able to cruise through the District car-free during the annual event. Riders will be able to weave through DC’s most iconic sites including the Washington Monument and the Jefferson Memorial.
Wondering what else you can see on the course? Here are our top 5 things you can expect on May 18:
- The ride is all about fun and convenience. Don’t have a bike? No problem! You have the option to include a Cannondale bike and a helmet rental as part of your registration for just $12! No stress. No Hassle. Just fun!
- The course is designed for people to ride at their own pace. Feeling a little tired? No worries! Stop by the local flavor pitstops along the route and enjoy some grub before getting back on the saddle.
- The sights on the course are unmatched. This is your chance to be a tourist in your own city. The course passes through some of the most iconic sights in DC entirely car-free. See your favorite monuments in a new way and snap a few pictures while you’re at it.
- Don’t let the #FOMO get you! Trust us, this is the event of the Spring. Not only is it your only opportunity to ride the streets of DC on a bike, it’s also a great opportunity to spend some time with friends and family in a unique way. Kids ages 3 to 7 are always free and youths under 17 are always 50% off.
- Freebies! Every registration comes with a free #DCBikeRide water bottle. Pick up yours at the starting line and let the fun times roll!
Want to know more? Visit DCBikeRide.com, register today and let the fun times roll!
By Paulina Chapa